TILLSATT Design Researcher Stockholm – consultant
Start: 24 January full time
End: 22 April
As a Design Researcher at Electrolux, you are responsible for facilitating the scoping, collecting, and synthesis of the right insights at the right time within the Design process and strategically translating them into actionable opportunities. You will actively participate, and contribute to, various projects across the different design teams using effective research, analytical and communication skills. You will aim to encourage creativity and stimulate new ideas. You will work across our global design teams and other functions as well as bring in insights from external experts.
• Scoping, planning, and conducting research
• Sharp analytical and sense-making skills
• Deep experience using investigative research to uncover human truths
• Business and consulting savvy, with an ability to think strategically
• An agile and lean approach to research, sense-making and strategy
• Communicate, transfer and integrate knowledge, ideas and insights in a clear, concise and inspiring way to different audiences by using presentation, strong visual communication, story-telling and workshop facilitation skills;
• Scope, plan and run research projects that helps us tackle our design challenges
• Create and apply relevant research approaches and methodologies based on design briefs and hypotheses
• Draw upon existing and new research methodologies and content
• Conduct desk research and expert interviews on socio-cultural trends, design trends and contextual behavioral trends
• Conduct applied design research and user-centered research within a domain by using established methodologies and toolboxes such as in-depth interviews, concept exploration, co-creation
• Use creative design thinking tools to analyze, synthesize then explore impact and future scenarios and journeys with a people-focused interpretation.
• Craft insights and directions from research findings
• Facilitate synthesis, generating insights and opportunities for design and for the business
• Creatively articulate the insights and stories behind our research and design concepts.
• Manage multiple projects and internal stakeholder needs both effectively and sensitively.
• Able to capture long term business goal and act on short term actions.
• Innate curiosity, and a passion for telling compelling human stories
• Work independently and collaboratively
• Able to gain a good understanding of design stakeholders and know the audience to tailor the facilitation and communication style
• Creatively capture and communicate ideas through text and visual while maintaining a strategic intent. Strong presentation skills with a creative and compelling storytelling style.
• Aptitude and interest for brand-, business-, market- and technology inputs.
• Ability to work in multi-functional international teams.
• Pro-active work attitude and ability to organize personal work to meet deadlines.
• Positive and collaborative attitude and spirit
• Bachelor´s degree or higher level in appropriate field.
• 6+ years of relevant work experience of different business domains, markets and cultures.
• Proven ability to use human-centered and user-centered insight to answer business questions.
• Mastery of qualitative research methods, from explorative design research to user research, including research scope and design.
• Passion for research and ideation and teaching to others about research and design thinking approaches
• A proven track record of excellent communication design performance in previous positions.
• Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Fluency in English. Other languages are a benefit.
For more info Jens Beck-Friis 0731-822926 email@example.com